Applying to become a Certified Farm Nutrient Advisor
If you need help with this application form, please email us at: email@example.com.
Minimum experience/skills required to apply to become a Certified Farm Nutrient Advisor:
- Existing certification in the Nutrient Management Advisor Certification Programme launch
The Nutrient Management Advisor Certification Programme (NMACP) is an industry-wide certification programme targeted at those who provide nutrient management advice to New Zealand farmers.
- Completed both the intermediate and advanced Sustainable Nutrient Management in New Zealand Agriculture course at Massey University, or equivalent
- Have at least three years of work experience in a land use/farm advisory role
- Can provide three farm-scale nutrient loss risk assessments completed in the two years prior to applying.
When completing the online application form, applicants must supply a:
- CV outlining relevant qualifications and experience
- Signed copy of the Farm Environment Plan Certifier/Certified Farm Nutrient Advisor terms of agreement for operation in the Greater Wellington Region.
All Certified Farm Nutrient Advisors must meet the following legal definition:
A person who has been approved by the Chief Executive of the Wellington Regional Council to undertake farm-scale nutrient loss risk assessment. Provided that the person shall:
- Be certified as a Nutrient Management Advisor under a national nutrient management advisor certification programme (or an equivalent programme approved by the Chief Executive of the Wellington Regional Council), and
- Have agreed to Wellington Regional Council's terms of agreement for operating as a Certified Farm Nutrient Advisor.
Get in touch
- 0800 496 734