The waters of our region extend from the south coast of Wellington, to Otaki River on the west coast, and across to the Mataikona River north of Castlepoint on the east coast.
To look after our coasts and harbours we regulate activities and resources through the Regional Coastal Plan.
If you see an oil spill, logs, flotsam or navigational hazards:
- Call 04 830 4160 during office hours / 04 388 1911 after hours
- By VHF radio: Ch14 in Wellington Harbour / Ch62 in Poriua Harbour or Kapiti Coast
For cars or dead animals, call 0800 496 734.
Tide and water temperatures
See our Environmental Monitoring & Research website for up to date data including:
- Queens Wharf tide and water temperatures
- Porirua Habour (at Mana Cruising Club) tide and water temperatures
See Metservice for Kāpiti and Wellington recreational forecast and tides, Centreport for winds around the harbour, and Land Information NZ for tide predictions.
How to contact us
During office hours, call:
- Call 04 830 4160 or 0800 496 734
- Email email@example.com
After hours for urgent matters, eg marine oil spill or unsafe boating behaviour, you can contact us on 04 388 1911 or 04 473 4547.
Our office is Level 1, Meridian building, 55 Lady Elizabeth Lane, Wellington.
Get in touch