We monitor the region's air, land, freshwater and coasts to understand the state of our environment.
Why do we monitor the environment?
- As a requirement of the Resource Management Act
- To observe and interpret impacts
- To develop policies and plans and guide resource consents decisions
- To convey information to the wider community
- To inform biodiversity management
See here for seasonal climate and water summaries, and other information such as climate maps and drought information.
Read our conservation assessments across land, air, and water.
We monitor a number of rivers, streams, lakes, aquifers, estuaries, rocky shores and beaches.
Get in touch