In mid-2023 we’ll begin to update provisions in our Natural Resources Plan (NRP).
- Natural Resources Plan - Change 1;
- Implementing the National Policy Statement for freshwater management for the Te Awarua-o-Porirua Whaitua and Whaitua Te Whanganui-a-Tara. This includes setting objectives and policies, rules and other methods to manage activities such as urban development, earthworks, stormwater, wastewater and rural land use activities to achieve these objectives.
- Develop provisions for Te Mana o te Wai.
- Focusing on Whaitua recommendations for water allocation and flows management for Te Awarua-o-Porirua.
- Provisions for management of important biodiversity sites, such as for threatened bird species and significant natural wetlands. Including the identification of new sites.
- Identifying areas with high or outstanding natural character and amendments to the existing provisions that manage these areas.
- It will also include minor updates and corrections.
Further changes to the Natural Resources Plan will occur in 2024 that will focus on the Ruamāhanga Whaitua, Kāpiti Coast Whaitua and Wairarapa Coast Whaitua.
Find out more about the timing of these and the RPS changes.
Find out more about RPS changes.
If you have further questions, or if you’d like to be informed when the NRP change is notified and the submission period opens, please contact the Environmental Policy team at email@example.com
Get in touch
- 0800 496 734