All meetings, except for the inaugural Council meeting of each triennium and when Council or a committee is sitting as a hearing body, have time set aside for public participation. This is an opportunity for the public to bring matters of concern to the attention of Councillors and to comment on agenda items.
To speak at a Council, Civil Defence Emergency Management Group, or Wellington Regional Leadership Committee meeting, you must address an item listed on the meeting’s agenda. For all other meetings you can speak to an item on the agenda, or on a subject relevant to that committee.
To take part in public participation, or present a petition, you must submit your request to Democratic Services by midday on the working day before the day of the meeting.
When you apply please let us know:
- Your name, and the name of your organisation (if you’re speaking on behalf of an organisation)
- Which meeting you’d like to speak at
- What you’d like to speak about (including the meeting agenda item, if relevant)
- Whether to wish to speak to the meeting remotely (see below)
- Whether you wish to include a presentation as part of your speaking time (see below)
- Your contact details.
Please send your request to: