Pindone is used to control rats, possums, and rabbits. It has been used in New Zealand since the 1940s, and is sold in a number of different forms.
Pindone is very effective on rabbits. However, you can expect a reinvasion of rabbits over time and the number of rabbits surrounding your property will affect how quickly this happens.
The results will last longer if neighbouring properties undertake control at the same time. Pindone bait is a control method and should be used alongside other pest management solutions such as shooting, fumigating burrows and fencing.
Pindone bait, which is dyed green, can be used in different ways. Carrot and pellet bait can be hand-laid on the ground for rabbits with a user certificate. Pellets can also be dispensed in bait stations for possums, rats and rabbits. To ensure you are using pindone safely:
- Stations and baits must be stored and located out of reach of children, pets and stock
- Warning signs must be erected at all main access points where pindone bait stations are placed
- Avoid contact with skin
- Wear overalls and waterproof gloves when handling bait
- Avoid contamination of any water supply with baits or empty containers
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while using
- Wash hands and exposed skin after applying bait
Pindone can be purchased from most farm supply stores, or can be ordered from us.
Pindone is unlikely to be found in water. This is because pellets are contained in bait stations and hand-laid bait is kept clear of streams and waterways. Do not apply where bait could get into water.
Get in touch