Greater Wellington Regional Council would like to assure customers that we are closely monitoring the situation and will be following the advice of Ministry of Health on COVID-19.
COVID-19: GW offices at Orange
All Greater Wellington premises are open fully to staff and public.
We require mask wearing and 1 metre distancing in reception areas and public spaces.
COVID-19: Parks update at Orange
Kia ora. The Wellington Region moved to the ORANGE setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework at 11:59pm, Thursday 2 December 2021. Most of our regional parks facilities and campgrounds will not require a vaccine pass.
We look forward to welcoming everyone and wanted to let you know about some changes to our process in light of the move to the COVID-19 Protection Framework.
These changes apply to campgrounds and public facilities.
Whilst you are staying with us and when exploring our parks and open spaces, please follow the government COVID-19 guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Keep a record of where you have been – scan QR codes each time you use a facility (located in toilet blocks) and turn on Bluetooth tracing. There will be the ability to sign in without using the smart phone app.
- Wear a face covering, maintain good hygiene.
- Stay in your bubble, maintain physical distancing and limit mingling with other guests.
Do I need a vaccine pass?
No, our regional park campgrounds will not require passes, but we encourage the wearing of masks, physical distancing and other measures to remain safe. In our facility buildings we will be encouraging people not to congregate in groups under the roofed-in areas.
When staying with us
If you’re camping, select a location that will maintain a good distance between other campers. Remember to bring your own hygiene provisions to wipe down shared facilities and sanitiser for general use (toilets will have soap or sanitiser).
Some things to note
- Some shared facilities and congregation points may be closed.
- Interactions with rangers and camp hosts will limited, but don’t worry we will still be on site and checking in if you need us.
- Park toilets are open and will be cleaned once per day.
- Water taps remain open.
Any further enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 496 734.
Thank you for your assistance and understanding.
Please take care, be kind and stay well.
COVID-19: Metlink update at Orange
From 11.59pm, Thursday 2 December, all of New Zealand will move to the COVID-19 Protection Framework, also known as the traffic light setting. The Wellington Region will move to Orange which means:
- Face coverings must be worn while on board
- You are required to keep a record of your journey - simply scan the QR codes on board with the NZ COVID Tracer or Rippl app, or note it down manually.
- Regular bus, train and harbour ferry timetables will be operating
- All accessibility features are in service, meaning front door boarding on buses and availability of ramps on trains
- All payment methods are available, including cash
If you’re unwell, please avoid public transport and stay home.
Get in touch