Quality of Life Survey and Report 2012Search in document library
The Quality of Life Project was initiated in response to growing pressures on urban communities, concern about the impacts of urbanisation and the effects of this on the well-being of residents. The key purpose of the project is to provide information to decision-makers to improve the quality of life of New Zealanders. The objectives of the project include:
- Consistency of indicator use and monitoring methods
- Provision of data to support advocacy on urban issues
- Raising the profile of urban issues
- Collaborative working to monitor and address quality of life issues
- Enabling Councils to develop a consistent set of indicators, identify urban issues and trends, and provide a platform to develop comprehensive responses to these.