Useful resources for care groups
Here are some written resources that may be useful for care groups.They can be requested from our library. Greater Wellington staff can also provide advice. Resources that are also on this web site can be clicked from here.
Stream and wetland restoration
Restoration planting and native plants
|Monitoring plot in a forest
- Managing your bush block : A guide to looking after indigenous forest remnants in the Wellington region, including fencing, controlling plants and animal pest etc
- Bush vitality: A visual assessment kit - managing the seasons for the years.
If you are interested in Native forest monitoring check out the Forest monitoring and assessment kit site.
The Coastal Dune Vegetation Network also publishes a series of technical bulletins. These are available from ENSIS.
Pingao on coastal sand dunes: Guidelines for seed collection, propagation and establishment.
Spinifex is a great sand binding plant
- Spinifex on coastal sand dunes: Guidelines for seed collection, propagation and establishment.
- Sand tussock on coastal sand dunes: Guidelines for seed collection, propagation and establishment.
- Coastal sand dunes - form and function.
- Marram: Friend or Foe?