Looking after yourself and the park
Updated 10 November 2015 12:01pm
- Pack in and pack out. Take your rubbish home and recycle where possible. No rubbish bins are provided.
- There are numerous easy walks amongst the coastal dunes. Please keep to formed tracks.
- The beach is excellent for swimming. Swim between the Paekakariki Surf Club flags in summer.
- Light no fires. You are welcome to use a portable gas barbecue.
- Please keep your dog under control and on a leash in the picnic areas. Remove all droppings.
- Keep motor vehicles on formed roads and car parks. Keep off the grassed areas and pedestrian trails.
- Do not remove, disturb or damage native plants or animals.
To find out how to minimise the impact of your park visit, see Leave No Trace NZ