Look after the forest
Updated 28 November 2017 2:55pm
- Pack in and pack out. Take your rubbish home and recycle where possible. There are no rubbish bins in the forest
- Keep dogs under control at all times. No dogs on the Cannon Point walkway as it crosses private land.
- Firearms are not allowed in the forest without a permit. Please contact Greater Wellington's Upper Hutt office to obtain your permit
- Do not cut, fell or remove any trees or shrubs in the forest
- Light no fires. You may bring a portable gas stove.
- You must have a permit for quad and trail biking, hunting (either commercial or non-commercial) and fishing (licence required)
- Wilderness camping is permitted but no camping facilities are provided
- For safety reasons no private 4WD trips are allowed
- Watch out for logging trucks on the main roads on working days
- Poison may be laid in the forest to control possums. Do not remove any warning notice, or disturb baits, lures or carcasses
- Parts of the forest may be temporarily closed for logging or maintenance reasons. For your safety, please obey all signs
For more information on how to look after the environment, visit Leave No Trace NZ