Korokoro Environmental Group (KEG)
Updated 13 December 2017 3:13pm
KOROKORO ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP
KEG supports and encourages a range of worthwhile community environmental initiatives.
- We make and maintain bush and hilltop walking tracks such as O'Donahoos and Puketirotiro.
- We restore and sustain bush reserves by weeding, planting and pest control.
- We encourage recycling and environmental sustainability in our area.
- We work with the Greater Wellington Regional Council on pest monitoring in the Korokoro Valley.
- We make constructive submissions for HCC Long Term Community Plan to get funding for safer roads and other environmental initiatives.
- We have lobbied for visual and ecological improvements such as felling Galbraith's Gully pines.
- We negotiate with developers to aim for well-planned sub-divisions, e.g. by providing for walking access to Korokoro Valley.
- We lead community opposition to the proposed Petone Grenada link road which could destroy the Korokoro Valley environment.
- We contribute to better planning for Korokoro by liaising with local and regional councils.
- We keep in touch with other community and environmental groups.
Contact: Julie Haggie, email@example.com
Please contact Julie Haggie if you wish to volunteer or get on the mailing list, on 04 589 1704.