Getting there and staying safe
Updated 28 November 2017 3:08pm
Via State Highway 2:
- Cornish St - a 10-minute walk south-west from the Petone Railway Station via the pedestrian overbridge and Pito-One Road. Or take the Korokoro exit from SH2 and follow Pito-One Road to the park entrance.
- Oakleigh St via Dowse Drive or take a No. 150 bus from Petone Railway Station or Lower Hutt
- Stratton St via Dowse Drive. The park entrance is at the end of Stratton St
- Hill Rd via Grounsell Crescent or take a No. 145 bus from Melling Railway Station (peak hours Mon-Fri)
- Kaitangata Crescent, Kelson or take a No 150 bus from Lower Hutt or Waterloo Interchange to the top of Major Drive
- Dry Creek via Hebden Crescent, near the SH2 and SH 58 (Haywards Hill) intersection. The park entrance is a 10 minute walk from Manor Park Station
Via State Highway 1:
- Cannons Creek via Mungavin Ave and the Cannons Creek Lakes Reserve. Enter from the Cannons Creek Shopping Centre car park. Take a No.61 bus (Mon-Sun), 63 bus (Mon-Sat) or 64 bus (Mon-Fri) from Porirua Railway Station to Cannons Creek
- Takapu Road, Grenada North. Trains from Wellington stop at Takapu Road station
A map of the park is available, see the right of your screen. For more detailed maps of specific areas in the park please email email@example.com
Opening hours and Restrictions
Belmont Regional Park is open daily from 8am until dusk
Dogs under control are allowed in the Korokoro, Stratton Street and Dry Creek Valleys. Dogs are not permitted on farmland.
Permission is required for horse riding in the farming area. Parts of the farm may be closed during lambing (Aug-Oct). Please keep to the marked routes as you walk, cycle or ride in the farming areas.
The park has moderately steep hills and is exposed on the tops to wind, rain and mist. Weather conditions can change quickly so please:
- check the weather forecast before your trip
- carry warm and waterproof clothing and enough food and drink for your trip
- carry sun protection
- plan your route and tell someone your intentions
- wear strong lace-up boots or walking shoes
- avoid streams during heavy rain