Better Burning Competition
This year we will have a better burning stand at the Wariarapa A&P Show.
We’ll be showcasing some types of wood to avoid when building your wood pile over Summer, and talking about the best way to stack and store your wood.
We’ll also be holding an amazing competition.
The competition is exclusive to attendees of the show, and there will be an entry form available on the stand. Just answer one simple question on how home fires affect our air quality – the answer can be found on the better burning pages of our website – and pop it in the box to be in with a chance of winning.
Wairarapa A&P Show 2018
Clareville Complex, 2-12 Chester Road, Clareville, Carterton 5791
Friday 26 October – Sunday 28 October
10am-4pm each day
This Competition is governed by the below Terms and Conditions and your entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and only enter the Competition if you agree to be bound by them.
1. The better burning 2018 Competition (Competition) is run by Greater Wellington Regional Council of Shed 39, 2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011 (GWRC). The Competition will be governed by these Terms and Conditions and by entering this Competition, you (you, your or Entrant) are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Competition is open to attendees of the Wairarapa A & P Show 2018 at the Clareville Complex that are over 18, with the exception of GWRC employees and their immediate family members.
3. The Competition will commence on 2:00pm on 26 October 2018 and end at 4:00pm on 28 October 2018 (Competition Period).
4. To enter the Competition, each Entrant must:
(a) Fill out the entry form available at the Greater Wellington Regional Council better burning stand at the Wairarapa A & P Show, including answer, name, email address, and phone number; and
(b) Submit the entry by posting it in the entry box at the same location, during the Competition Period (each, an Entry).
5. You may submit one Entry during the Competition Period. However, each Entrant can only win one prize.
6. You are responsible for ensuring that any information provided as part of an Entry is complete and correct. Incomplete, incorrect, indecipherable, illegible or late entries will be invalid.
7. GWRC reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by GWRC to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Within 3 weeks of the Competition Period, GWRC will randomly select 1 Entries from all the valid Entries received during the Competition Period (each, a Winning Entry).
9. GWRC will use its best endeavours to contact each winner by phone, email (using the contact details supplied in the Winning Entry) within 3 weeks from the prize draw. However, if GWRC cannot contact any winner within a reasonable time, GWRC may redraw for the relevant prize.
10. The winners may be announced on the Greater Wellington Regional Council website and Facebook page on or around the 14 November.
11. All decisions regarding this Competition by GWRC will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The prizes for the Competition will be 10 metres cubed of firewood, half pine and half macrocarpa. Prizes may be delievered to a Wellington address supplied by the winner to GWRC.
13. The prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
14. GWRC will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes set out in these Terms and Conditions. If any of the prizes are unavailable for whatever reason, GWRC reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of an equivalent value.
15. By entering the Competition, you agree to GWRC using your personal information supplied to contact you if you are a prize winner. If you are a prize winner, you agree to participate in publicity organised by GWRC and you also agree to the use of your name, likeness and image for publicity and promotional purposes for an unlimited period in any media, without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, social media and event websites and media releases.
17. GWRC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Competition if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond GWRC's reasonable control adversely affects GWRC's ability to conduct the Competition as contemplated in these terms and conditions, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any such termination or modification will be notified on the www.gw.govt.nz/better-burning website.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and each Entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
If you have any questions in relation to this competition, please contact Tamsin Mitchell, Tamsin.email@example.com