Rule 30 Fences
The erection and maintenance, [including any associated;
of any fence in, on or over a river or lake bed is a permitted activity provided the activity complies with the conditions specified below.
(1) The fence does not reduce the ability of the river or lake to convey flood flows.
(2) The fence does not alter the natural course of the river, including any diversion of water from the natural course during floods.
(3) The fence is maintained free of any flood debris.
(4) No work shall be carried out in or under the area of river or lake bed covered by water.
(5) All material used during construction, but which is not part of the river crossing, shall be removed from the river or stream bed and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
In Rule 30 the words in square brackets were inserted by Decisions on Plan change 1 to the Regional Freshwater Plan December 2002