Park interest groups
Enjoying and caring for the park
There are many clubs and other organisations taking an interest in and enjoying Queen Elizabeth Park. For some the park is a focus of their activities; and for others it is a recreational setting. Please feel free to contact any of these groups to find out more about them.
Park based groups
- Friends of Queen Elizabeth Park - representing a wide range of park users
- Wellington Tramways Museum. Vintage ex-Wellington City trams run from MacKay's Crossing to Whareroa Beach (2 km) and the museum is located at MacKay's Crossing. The Tramways Museum is open and trams are operating on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays (except Christmas Day) and daily throughout January and most other school holidays. See the website for more details or phone 04 292 8361
- Kapiti Aeromeodellers Club - An incorporated society dedicated to model flying.
- Stables on the Park - provides horse riding lessons for people of all ages from tots to adults.
- Kapiti Aero Modellers Club Inc - model aeroplane enthusiasts meet regularly near Whareroa Beach to fly their aircraft.
- Whareroa Guardians - A Trust to protect and develop Whareroa Farm for environmental and heritage conservation and public enjoyment.
- Paekakariki Surf Lifeguards - This club patrols Paekakariki beach from November to March and has a large membership of junior and senior members. They offer competitive training squads for surf competitions