Resource Management Charging Policy Review
GWRC has reviewed its Resource Management Charging Policy. This policy sets out a regime for resource management charges for the Wellington region including:
- Resource consent application charges
- Consent monitoring charges
- Charges for not complying with a rule in a regional plan or the Resource Management Act 1991
- Charges for providing information in relation to plans and resource consents
- Application charges for changing a plan or the Regional Policy Statement
The review has resulted in some key proposed changes to the Policy including:
- Changes to our charge-out rate for providing resource management services. The current flat rate of $110/hour will change to $100/hour (administration services), $115/hour (consent processing services), and $130/hour (technical or science expert services)
- Changes to state of the environment monitoring charges for all consent types. Due to the potential significant increases, it is proposed to phase in these charges over a five year period.
You can download the following documents which explain in more detail the changes to our Resource Management Charging Policy:
- Statement of Proposal
- Summary of Information
- Summary of changes to state of the environment monitoring charges
- Proposed Resource Management Charging Policy (2013)
You are welcome to make a submission on the Policy. All submissions are to be received at GWRC by 5.00 pm, Friday 26 April 2013.